Good governor training and support is the key to ensuring that all governing boards are effective and able to fulfil the functions now demanded of them. We can provide you with the tools you need to become an effective and well informed governor in a variety of ways.
Face to Face Training (currently carried out via webinar due to social distancing)
- New governors (including induction, data, safeguarding)
- Growing governors (including GDPR, governor visits, financial management, pupil premium, Ofsted, safeguarding)
- Experienced governors (including chair’s training, development governors, safeguarding, safer recruitment, health and safety)
- Clerks (including introductory and follow on courses)
Those buying in to our training package can view and book places on GovernorHub, those wishing to book places on an ad-hoc basis can download this list of courses and book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern Governor Online Training
Now accessible through your GovernorHub subscription – click here to find out more
- For boards with specific training needs across the board, we offer two hour webinar sessions, delivered in line with school priorities.
- Schools are welcome to share the cost with other boards to promote sharing of best practice and development of local networks.
- Email email@example.com to find out more or to book a session for your board.
- In April 2019, the SFVS changed. The new SFVS is different to previous years with implications for governors. The new form will take time to complete and follow-up and we would advise all boards to make a start on this task now with a view to sharing a draft with the governing board early in the Spring Term.
- In response to requests from governors and clerks we worked with Herts for Learning to release a pre-recorded SFVS webinar that offers a cost effective route to understanding the changes to the SFVS
- 35 minutes long
- Practical advice and guidance on completing the new SFVS form
- Can be viewed from anywhere at any time (access via a link to a password protected area on this website).
- Annual Subscription Training Package (unlimited face to face and Modern Governor): £950
- Annual Subscription Modern Governor Only: £350
- Pay as Used Face to Face Sessions: £100 (short courses), £190 (day courses)
- Whole Board Training Sessions: £350
- SFVS webinar: £30 (non-subscribing schools), discounted to £15 (boards already subscribing to the BEP 19-20 Training Package)