Good governor training and support is the key to ensuring that all governing boards are effective and able to fulfill the functions now demanded of them. Using various methods of delivery, our highly regarded training programme is easy to access and will provide you with the tools you need to become an effective and well informed governor.
Please note that all sessions will be carried out via webinar this term due to the continuing need to social distance. We hope to return to some face to face sessions as soon as we can safely do so and will keep you updated.
We run a comprehensive range of face to face courses, with topics suitable for everyone- from governors just starting out to even the most seasoned governors and also governance professionals. These include the following:
- New governors (including Induction, Data, Child Protection)
- Growing governors (including GDPR, Governor Visits, Financial Management, Pupil Premium, Ofsted)
- Experienced governors (including Chair’s training, Development governor training)
- Clerks (Clerking Pupil Exclusion)
- Safeguarding (Child Protection, Safer Recruitment, Health and Safety)
Those buying in to our training package can view and book places on GovernorHub, those wishing to book places on an ad-hoc basis can download BEP Training dates 2021 and book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern Governor Online Training
Modern Governor is a collection of online modules which you can complete at your convenience. For subscribers it can be accessed through your GovernorHub subscription – click here to find out more and to here for a list of the modules currently available.
- For boards with specific training needs across the board, we offer two hour face to face or webinar sessions, delivered in line with school priorities.
- Schools are welcome to share the cost with other boards to promote sharing of best practice and development of local networks.
Email: email@example.com to find out more or to book a session for your board.
- Annual Subscription Training Package (unlimited face to face and Modern Governor): £970
- Annual Subscription Modern Governor Only: £349
- Pay as Used Webinar Sessions: £75 (short courses), £100 (day courses)
- Pay as Used Face to Face Sessions: £100 (short courses), £190 (day courses) (Currently unavailable due to government restrictions)
- Whole Board Training Sessions: £350.